Choose a member of GMANN to view their Bio
Dr. Helen Alderson
|MBChB (European studies)||The University of Manchester||2004|
|PGCE (Med Ed)||Edgehill University||2011|
- Specialty registrar in renal medicine
- Currently working as clinical research fellow at the institute of population health, UoM since 8/2012
- MD title ‘The investigation of CKD-MBD related biomarkers in association with clinical characteristics and outcomes in a large prospective CKD cohort’
- Research interests would be epidemiology of CKD and the role of biomarkers to improve clinical management and risk prediction in CKD
- Supervisors are Phil Kalra and Rachel Middleton
- Ritchie J, Rainone F, Green D, Alderson H. (2013). Extreme Elevations in Blood Pressure and All-Cause Mortality in a Referred CKD Population: Results from the CRISIS Study. International Journal of Hypertension 2013.
- Alderson, H., Skeoch, C., Corbett, A. et al. (2011). Using Quality Improvement to reduce catheter infections. (BJRM). 2011(16);2:12-14.
- Woywodt A, Alderson H, Lamerton E, Thain Z, Wood G. (2011). Friendly Fire. (NDT Plus). 2011(0):1-3.